Malaysians on a budget to get daily meals under RM10
- Cheap eats are scarce to find but not impossible, and it makes it even more difficult when you’re on a budget. Don’t worry you don’t need to tighten your belt as in PrestoMall, we are offering a variety of pasta & instant noodle types under RM10 that will satisfy your global appetite.
- Discover the variety choices brand sales in PrestoMall:
- Instant Noodles:
- Halal: MAGGI, MAMEE, PAMA, CINTAN, Mi Sedaap, Ibumie, RUSKI, MyKuali, Korea Nongshim, KOREA SAMYANG, NOOODLES Express.
- Non-halal: 康师傅, Nissin Demae (出前一丁), Gong Zai Mian (公仔面), Tesco Choice, Akuan (阿宽火鸡面), KiKi Noodles, Mom's Taiwan Dry Noodles (老媽拌麵), Taiwan Little Couples Q Dry Noodles (小夫妻Q麵), TTL Taiwan Tobacco and Liquor Corporation (臺灣菸酒公司), Mama Oriental Kitchen.
- Pasta / Spaghetti / Vermicelli / Others:
SELVA, San Remo, Sin Fong Farm, EARTH LIVING, Nature Quest.
- Instant Noodles:
Difference between “pasta” vs “spaghetti” vs. “noodles”?
Pasta Vs. Spaghetti
All spaghetti is pasta, but not all pasta is spaghetti.
“Pasta” refers specifically to a mixture of durum wheat flour and water, extruded or formed into various shapes. “Spaghetti” is long, thin, solid, cylindrical pasta. Spaghetti, angel hair, elbow macaroni, etc., are all forms of pasta.
Spaghetti Vs. Noodles
|Made out of milled wheat and flour.||Made out of flour, eggs and water.|
|Long, thin, cylindrical.||Various shapes.|
|Part of Italian cuisine.||Traditional dish in many countries.|
|Served with a sauce.||Served in different ways.|
|Not added soup.||Added to soup.|
How many pasta types are there?
- There are two major classifications: pasta fresca (fresh) and pasta secca (dried). From here, there are more than 400 unique types of pasta: sheets, strips, long strands, cylinders, unique shapes, flavors, and many other local varieties. There are more names for pasta than the mind can retain, yet all are made from the same basic ingredients — 100% durum wheat and water with a specific percentage of acidity and humidity under Italian law.
- Example of pasta types: Lasagna, Macaroni, Fettuccine, Linguine, Angel Hair Spaghetti, Penne, Soup Pasta and many more.
Quick & Easy Pasta Cooking with Pasta Sauce.
- The individual shape and texture given to pasta can be somewhat of a code in determining the proper sauce. A simple rule of thumb would be as follows: thick pasta = thick sauce, light pasta = light sauce.
- Nowadays, pasta cooking can be simple and quick with the ready made pasta sauce such as:
- San Remo Bolognese & Mushroom Pasta Sauce 500g – Australia
- San Remo Tomato, Onion & Garlic Homestyle Bolognese Pasta Sauce 500g – Australia
- San Remo Tomato & Basil Homestyle Pasta Sauce 500g – Australia
- San Remo La Pasta sauce range
- Prego Carbonara Mushroom Creamy Pasta Sauce
Are instant noodles bad?
Instant Noodles May Provide Important Micronutrients
Despite being relatively low in some nutrients like fiber and protein, instant noodles contain several micronutrients, including iron, manganese, folate and B vitamins.
One study actually found that consuming iron-fortified milk and noodles can decrease the risk of anemia, a condition caused by iron deficiency.
Research has also shown that eating instant noodles could be associated with an increase in the intake of certain micronutrients.
In year 2011, study shown as those who consumed instant noodles had a 31% greater intake of thiamine and a 16% higher intake of riboflavin than those who did not eat instant noodles based on total stats of 6,440 Korean adults.
How to select the healthiest Instant Noodles?
Choosing instant noodles that are lower in sodium or made from whole grains can give your instant noodles a healthy upgrade. Adding vegetables and a protein source can help round it out.
Enjoy full satisfaction of different flavors and taste with the following noodle types:
Taiwan Red Quinoa Noodles (台湾红藜), Organic Spinach Noodles, Healthy VegeNoodle, Misua, Bihun, Korean Spicy Ramen, Kimchi Ramen, Hot Cup, Mi Goreng, Penang Har Mee, Penang White Curry Mee Noodle, Sarawak Sibu Kam Pua Mee, Sarawak Kuching Kolo Mee, Sarawak Laksa, Sarawak Bihun Laksa, Aged Vinegar Spicy Flavor (台湾 老醋辣面), Young Vinegar Noodles (台湾 小醋面), Spicy Flavor Noodles (台湾 香辣椒麻拌面), Scallion Flavor (台湾 焦香葱油拌面), Hua Tiao Chicken Instant Noodles (花雕雞麵), Self boiling mini hotpot, instant hot pot mala steamboat (四川 麻辣火锅), Brown Rice Vermicelli, Japanese Udon Noodles, Jjajangmyeon Ramen 팔도 짜장면.